Playland! The Jewel of Westchester County is just days away from its 84th season of fun rides, games and beachside fun. Opening day this Saturday, May 12 will include a parade and a day filled with music and activities for the entire family at a discounted admission price.
What could be better than a day near the beach riding the Dragon Coaster, eating cotton candy, listening to music...it's the stuff of great memories.
Opening Day Details
- Special opening day admission is $15 which includes unlimited rides.
- Admissions starts at 10:30 a.m; the park closes at 7 p.m.
- The opening celebration begins with strolling entertainment at the Fountain Plaza at 11 a.m., followed by the traditional parade with the Port Chester High School Marching Band accompanied by local dignitaries, staff and Playland’s mascot, Coaster the Dragon.
- The band Reunion will play hits from the '50s, '60s and '70s during performances at the Music Tower Theater stage: 1, 3 and 5 p.m.
- Playland’s Kiddyland DJ will entertain with the “Play it DJ” show for four performances: 1, 3, 5 and 6 p.m. Kids will 'move, groove and be smooth' as our DJ plays their favorite dance tunes.
- Unique, science-based entertainment will leave children and their families laughing and mesmerized at “Mad about Science,” the featured act in Kiddyland for two shows at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Playland Pre-Season is the next three weekends– Saturday, May 12 until Memorial Day Weekend–from noon until 7 p.m.
And then, enough practice, regular season opens with daily hours available here.
Regular Season Admission
Daily admission –
- $30 Unlimited Rides
- $20 Junior (under four feet tall)
- $10 (Non-resident) Spectator - no rides
- Free Spectator Admission for Westchester County residents; $5 resident discount on all other prices
- $95 Unlimited Rides, $15 discount for Westchester residents
- $35 (Non-resident) spectator admission (no rides)
Acceptable proof of Westchester residency is a Westchester County Park Pass; New York State driver's license or non-driver I.D.; or a photo I.D. or report card from a Westchester County school.
Weekdays, $5; weekends, $7 and holidays, $10
Bee-Line bus service– 75/76/91