The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory in effect from 4 p.m. today until 10 a.m. Tuesday for the Rye and Port Chester area. Preiods of snow, sleet or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. The NWS urges residents to be prepared for slippery roads and limited visabilities and to use caution while driving. Read the full forecast below:
- Monday Afternoon: A chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 36. East wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight: Snow before 9pm, then rain, snow, and sleet between 9pm and 1am, then rain and sleet after 1am. Low around 33. Breezy, with a east wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday: Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 45. East wind 5 to 13 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night: A slight chance of showers before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.