Blind Brook Superintendent William Stark released the latest update on safety and security at the district in a letter to the school community this week. The district hired safety auditor consultants to review the school's safety procedures earlier this month and the results of the audit are still pending. A heightened police presence will be maintained pending the results, Stark said.
The Board of Education has delayed the school budget presentation until Feb. 25 in order to ascertain costs associated with safety and security. They expect to have those figures by that date.
Here is the latest the district has done on this front:
- Provided review and guidance to faculty and staff in strengthening procedures and protocols
- Conducted several types of preparedness drills (A lockdown drill at Ponterio Ridge Street School is scheduled for next week. Details of that drill will shortly be shared with parents by Mrs. Taylor.)
- Assessed and identified areas that require attention
- Met with the School Safety committee
- Investigated costs for long-term personnel additions and infrastructure upgrades
- Held discussions with our security audit consultants