How petty. Just because Rye Patch reached 500 Facebook likes before they did, They are trying to one up us by reaching 600 Facebook likes before we do. Seriously?
Sigh. That simply cannot stand. We'll simply have to remind them why our rivalry has been so lop-sided: we (almost) always win.
So we'll have to do it again by blasting past 600 Facebook likes before Harrison even figures out how we did it.
Why get involved in such a silly scrap over something so ridiculous? Here's 10 arguably good reasons:
- 1. Just to get their goat.
- 2. To give them a taste of what they'll get when Rye meets Harrison on the gridiron in October. Don't they remember Rye is on an unstoppable winning streak? Well, you can't really blame them for trying to forget that.
- 3. Because liking Rye Patch on Facebook means you can get even more connected with your neighbors and friends. Check out local businesses, post pictures and comments...everything you already do on Facebook with a side order of Rye Patch. Yum.
- 4. Because Rye Patch's Facebook page already has a great community of more than 500 people and local businesses. Why miss out?
- 5. Because we can. The same reason Lucy never let Charlie Brown kick the football. Sure we could let them catch up...but really, why should we.
- 6. For Patch swag. Your local editor Renea Henry is not above sweetening the pot with a little swag. The 550th, 575th and 600th local like on Rye Patch's Facebook page will get some sweet Patch swag.
- 7. Because they started it. The only way to teach Harrison to mind its manners is to blast past them...again.
- 8. Because you're on Facebook all the time anyway. You can get updates from Rye Patch right on your wall and check in without wasting useless energy switching browser pages.
- 9. Because we have a rep to protect.
- 10. Because you love Rye Patch. And guess what, Rye Patch is sweet on you too.
If you are already a fan of ours on Facebook, you can also help out by sharing our page with your friends in town who might enjoy updates about their community.