- Supporting community health. The annual Open Door Foundation Golf Outing for Open Door Family Medical Center.
- Sewing class cooperative. Gifted Hands, a boutique of artists, artisans, and designers in Rye, is now offering sewing classes for children and adults.
- Greenage. HEINEKEN USA recently celebrated the company’s “LEED Gold” certification for its White Plains HQ. That means that it has taken great steps to be more friendly to the environment and more efficient in its energy use.
- Bereavement support groups. Hospice of Westchester is running a variety of groups: for caregivers, for adult children and more, at various times. Check here for more.
- Type 1 Diabetes Walkathon. On Oct. 14, JDRF is hosting “Walk to Cure Diabetes” at the Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway. Join “Andrew’s Army" by walking or donate at http://www2.jdrf.org/goto/AndrewsArmy.
- Thinking global, locally. Mercy College recently hosted the International Advisory Board for its Center for Global Engagement. Distinguished inaugural members who attended the event included ambassadors, business leaders, and college presidents from England, Germany, Austria, Mexico, Australia, Turkey, Israel, and the U.S.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something