As Hurricane Sandy's effects continue to alter daily life in Rye and Rye Brook, a growing concern is now about how to fill your car up with gas, as many stations are still not operational due to power loss or low supply.
"It's crazy," said White Plains resident J.P. Endres, who had to go on a journey around Westchester today to try and find gas with unsuccessful results.
"I first went to Lake St. in West Harrison, then up to Purchase, then to the Mobil station off the Hutchinson River Parkway which was backed up for over a mile," Endres explained, "it's really is a bad situation."
Let us know which places to avoid driving due to an unusually high level of congestion of cars waiting in line for gas at gas stations in the area today.
The area around Valero on South Ridge Street in Rye Brook was packed earlier this afternoon. We are not sure if there is still gas left at that station.
Here is a list of areas in other parts of Wetschester to avoid.
- Areas of White Plains Rd. from the Vernon Hills Shopping Center south to Mill Rd.
- Palmer Rd. near Lawrence hospital
- Central Park Ave near Ardsley Rd. and further south between Fort Hill Ave. and Tuckahoe Rd.
- Kimball Ave. near Cross County Shopping Center
- Yonkers Ave. near Yonkers Raceway and also near Kimball Ave., east to Bronx River Rd.
- North Ave in the area of the Quaker Ridge Shopping Center
Feel free to add more locations to avoid in the comments section below.