Lol. Ttyl. Btw.Thx.
Anyone who has ever sent a text is familiar with these phrases.
But while texting is easy, doing it while driving is not.
Every year, thousands of people are hurt, permanently injured or worse because of distracted driving. No text is worth jeopardizing your safety or the safety of others on the road.
To bring awareness to the issue of distracted driving, Patch and driving school Fresh Green Light are launching a “No Texting While Driving” video contest. The contest is part of a larger campaign across Hudson Valley Patch sites to educate the public about this important issue.
One grand prize winner will receive a $200 VISA gift card and free driving simulator lessons at Fresh Green Light. First and second prize winners will receive $100 and $50 VISA gift cards.
Here are the details:
- Submit a video (3 minutes max) that will educate viewers about the dangers of texting and driving.
- Your video can include details about how distracted driving has had a personal impact on your life and why you are committed to not texting while driving.
- All entrants can submit their videos to email@example.com. Please include “No Texting” in the subject line and your first and last name in the body of the email. DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE IN YOUR ENTRY VIDEO.
- Each video will be judged based on: creativity (how unique is your video and its message about the dangers of distracted driving), and whether it is informative (how well does your video educate the public about the dangers of distracted driving).
- Eligibility: You must be 16 years or older to enter and must live in the Hudson Valley Patch coverage area, which includes Westchester, Rockland and Putnam counties.
- Deadline for entries is July, 1, 2011.
For an overview of the official contest rules, please click the PDF under the no texting and driving logo above.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local Patch editor.