Celebrate Fourth of July this weekend by hitting up a number of events and firework displays across Westchester!
Thursday, June 30
- Have some fun at the Independence Day Celebration at White Plains High School from 6-10 p.m. Expect fireworks, food and giant inflatable rides and listen to music by the Billy Joel Tribute Group, Annie and the Natural Wonder Band, Lisa and Company, Animal Embassy, Dinosaurs Rock, Magical Memories, Miz Liz Variety Show and Macaroni the Clown. In case of rain, the celebration will be rescheduled for Friday, July 1.
Friday, July 1
- The Scarsdale Parks, Recreation and Conservation Department will present the Annual Fireworks Spectacular on Friday, July 1 at the Scarsdale Pool complex at 9:15 p.m. There is a $2 entrance fee.
Friday, July 1- Sunday, July 3
The 64th Annual Village of Mamaroneck Fireman’s Carnival is open from 7-11 p.m. on Harbor Island Park. The $25 armband available for purchase covers rides and games. Save $5 off the wristband if you buy raffle tickets.
Sunday, July 3
- Listen to live music from the Wanderers and the Gerard Carelli Orchestraand enjoy a fireworks display at the Kensico Dam Music Fest in Valhalla from 6-10 p.m. Fireworks begin at 9:15 p.m. Suggested tip: Bring your lawn chairs or blankets.
- Rye Playland Park hosts its traditional fireworks display at 9:30 pm. Parking is $7.
- See the Orchestra of St. Luke's and violinist Charles Yang perform at Pops, Patriots and Fireworks on July 3 in the Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts' Venetian Theater at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $20 to $40, but are half-price for ages 15 and under.
Monday, July 4
- The Scarsdale Pool Complex will host Carnival Day, an exclusive event for Scarsdale Pool Members on July 4 from 11-4 p.m. Pool festivities include aquatic activities, jumping castles and visits from special guests such as Elmo.
- The 64th Annual Village of Mamaroneck Fireman’s Carnival will continue to be held open from 7- 11 p.m. on Harbor Island Park.
- Watch fireworks at the annual Fireworks Show at dusk on Harbor Island Park, the traditional fireworks display at Rye Playland Park at 9:30 p.m. or the Sleepy Hollow Fireworks from Kingsland Point Park, as well as the bottom of Beekman Avenue at 8:30 p.m.
- The Grucci Brothers present their annual event, "Spark the Sound," at Five Islands Park in New Rochelle at 9 p.m. Watch fireworks, listen to music and enjoy the summer weather.
- Check out the All-American Celebration Concert at Boscobel Restoration in Garrison on July 4 (rain date: July 11) from 7- 9 p.m. Gates open at 6 p.m. The concert features 22-piece orchestra The Big Band Sound, and you might even see West Point's fireworks display. Tickets cost $16 for adults, $14 for seniors and $9 for ages 6-14. Ages 5 and under are admitted for free.
- Celebrate at the July 4th Jamboree at the John Jay Homestead in Katonah from 11-4 p.m. Hear patriotic music by the American Colonials Fife & Drum Band and a reading of the Declaration of Independence. Kids can play colonial games, and there will also be a SPCA pet adoption station, a patriotic pet parade, tours of the historic house and food. Tickets cost $5 for ages 13 and up and are free for age 12 and under for the outdoor program. Tickets for the house tours are $7 for adults, $5 for seniors and students and free for age 11 and under.
- Experience a traditional celebration at Independence Day 1851 at Washington Irving's Sunnyside from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. There will be ice cream-making demonstrations, period music, traditional country dancing and the 19th century's version of baseball. Bring a picnic or buy food in the Courtyard Cafe.
Grab a blanket, a picnic basket and your family, and head out to enjoy the weather this weekend at any one of the above upcoming celebrations. Happy Fourth of July!
Related Topics: , , , , , ,, , , and