Edith Read Sanctuary is hosting a Fall Festival on Saturday, Oct. 13 from 12 to 5 p.m.
Read more about the event from the City of Rye website here:
Nestled behind Playland on the Long Island Sound, “Read” offers 179 acres of beautiful wooded trails, a nature center, abundant wildlife and amazing water views of the Sound and Manursing Lake.
Activities at FALL FEST include:
• ANIMAL WORKSHOP by The Nature Company
• BIRDS OF PREY exhibition with Sky Hunters in Flight
• STROLL IN THE BAM-BOOO FOREST with storyteller Jonathan Kruk
• KIDS’ CORNER hosted by the Westchester Childrens’ Museum
• LIVE MUSIC by Arcadia Jazz and bluegrass band Hudson Crossing
• BEE-HAVE: fun-filled facts about our bee hives
• CAPTURE THE SOUND: try your hand at painting
• PUMPKIN PATCH: pick your own in time for Halloween
• FAMILY PORTRAITS by Ferris Photography: just in time for holidays cards
• FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!
• FACE PAINTING, BALLOON MAN, APPLE BOBBING and much more!
ADMISSION: $10 adults, $5 children (12 and under) FREE PARKING