Simon Kidgits Club’s Back-to-School event will take place from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Center Court, Retail Level 1, and will feature a variety of interactive activities for children and valuable offers for adults, all designed to make transitioning into academic routines a little easier.
· Infusing some fun: To incorporate excitement into getting back to the classroom, kids will have the opportunity to participate in seasonal-inspired craft-making activities and games, including customizing their own notebooks and decorating fun cupcakes with The Flour Girls.
· Introducing what’s hot: Before hitting the books, families can explore the latest toy trends from The Lego Store at The Westchester.
· Hitting the Books: REED ALEXANDER, iCarly star and founder of the popular food and lifestyle site, www.kewlbites.com, will be signing copies of his new cookbook, KEWLBITES™: 100 Nutritious, Delicious and Family-Friendly Dishes, which launches on September 3. Reed will be joined by TODAY Show nutritionist, JOY BAUER, who will be signing copies of her books, Food Cures and Your Inner Skinny. Both Reed and Joy will be on-site interacting with children and parents about how to make cooking simple, healthy and fun for the whole family.· Sharing savvy ways to save: Event attendees will have the chance to win prizes and giveaways from The Lego Store as well as receive coupons.
“At Simon® malls, we know the back-to-school experience means more to families than simply purchasing must-have supplies,” said Paula Kelliher, area director of mall marketing for The Westchester. “We’re hosting our annual Back-to-School events to encourage parents and kids to connect with each other, enjoy a final moment of summer fun at their favorite Simon mall and get ready to take on a new school year.”
Simon®’s Back At It activities will take place from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Center Court, Retail Level 1, and will be greatly enhanced this year by an exciting collaboration with Teen Vogue’s 2nd Annual “Back-To-School Saturday” initiative.
The Westchester’s Back At It event will include various elements to give students the social shopping experience they seek while helping families prepare to get back to class. Featured Back At It event activities were created by keeping young shoppers’ preferences top-of-mind, including a musical performance at 2:00 p.m. by recording artist Jackson Harris who has gained popularity with his hit singles “Go Crazy,” and “Come Back Down To Earth.” Attendees will have the opportunity to receive SWAG bags, win numerous prize giveaways, and more.
- Trend Guide: It’s no surprise that clothing tops back-to-school shopping lists. Back At It event attendees will receive a Teen Vogue and Simon Malls® Trend Guide, featuring fashion tips to achieve the trendiest looks of the season.
- Simon Style Guide Quiz: Back At It event attendees will get to test their fashion IQ!
- Fashion Events: Guests will be able to see “up close and personal” the latest fashion trends for the back-to-school season.
- Mall-Wide Discount Offers and Samples
“The beginning of a new school year is an exciting time,” added Kelliher, “and as always, we want The Westchester to be at the center of the celebration. This year, we are especially excited to be teaming up with Teen Vogue, the authentic source for young trendsetters interested in emerging fashion, beauty and pop culture.”
In addition to offering on-mall events,
Simon malls will launch several digital-focused back-to-school elements that
give students and their families more tools to gear up for school and stay
connected to The Westchester. For more information about the back-to-school
events taking place at The Westchester, please visit the mall’s Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheWestchester, or Twitter @TheWestchester.