It is the end of school in the Rye City School District, at least for my 2 children, who are in the middle school and high school. There is much excitement, trepidation, and preparation that is going to take place over the next week for my children's travel plans.
Every year when I am helping my kids pack up for camp or family travel, I always prepare a Summer Time Natural Remedy Kit! This way we are prepared for any upset or occurance and can restore health rather quickly along with commen-sense conventional medicine, including a doctor's visit, if that is available. ***These recommendations are not prescriptions from me and these tips are for purely educational purposes.
In the last Summer Time article I posted I talked about tips for preventing or healing Heat Exhaustion. This article is going to give you advice for a Family Travel Tool Kit, which will include both homepathic remedies, tissue salts, and herbal remedies.
One of the tools I use both at home and for client recommendations is Homeopathy. Homeopathy, devised by Dr. Samual Hahnemann, is an individualized approach to healing. It is a form of natural medicine that is popular in many parts of the world. It uses minute amounts of plant, mineral and animal substances to gently stimulate the body's own healing and defensive mechanisms. The unique thing about homeopathy is its individualized approach, which takes into account the physical and emotional symptoms. To put it simply, it turns on an internal switch that rebalances, revitalizes and restores health naturally.
According to Dr. Schussler, illnesses are caused by mineral imbalances in the body. If important mineral substances are missing in the cells, they do not function properly, and can lead to illness. These substances are also prepared homeopathically, in minute amounts, which the body can more readily absorb. Once inside the cell, the imbalance is corrected and the natural functioning of the cell and the body's health is restored.
Herbal remedies or botanical remedies, as these remedies are extracts from plant sources, have been used by many cultures around the world and is still used today in conjunction with other natural remedies for health and healing.
Natural Remedy Tool Kit for Healthy Traveling
- Aconite 30C (Boiron brand)-At first sign of illness, malaise, headache, it is recommended to shake the vial-and give 4 pellets sublingually (SL). Repeat every 3-4 hours for the first 24 hours of illness. Once the symptoms subside then discontinue
- Belladonna 30C (Boiron brand)-If fever is high, burning hot to the touch, eyes are glassy/sparkling, pupils dilated, cheeks are very flushed, and there is much lethargy or feelings of fear, it is recommended to give 4 pellets sublingually (SL) every 3-4 hours or until the fever subsides. Until child can be seen by an MD, this is a handy remedy to begin when traveling. Your
- Ferrum Phos Tissue Salts (Hyland brand)-Can be given alongside the Aconite if there is a slight-moderate increase in fever. Can be given more often than the Aconite. Shake bottle and give 6 pellets sublingually (SL). May repeat every hour.
- Bryonia 30C (Boiron brand)-This is given for fevers with great thirst, worse moving, and wants to be left alone. 3-4 pellets SL every 3-4 hours for about 3-4 days.
- Echinacea/Goldenseal tincture-Also given at the first sign of illness. Recommended amount-1 dropperful in a glass of water 3-4 times daily until better. (comes in a kiddy-friendly formula)
- Nux Vomica 30C (Boiron brand)-Fever with stomach upset and irritability.
- Allium Cepa 30C (Boiron brand)-teary eyes, sneezing, this watery burning discharge, worse in warm room. Give 3-4 pellets SL every 3-4 hours until better...may be needed for a few days. Can give with Echninaccea, Ferrum phos tissue salts.
- Pulsatilla 30C (Boiron brand)-nasal congestion, thick yellow-green discharge, thirstless, better in open air, moody or irritable, very changeable (asks for something then changes their mind) 3-4 pellets SL every 3-4 hours for a few days.
- Kali Bichromiucum 30C (Boiron brand)-thick stringy ropey discharge, post nasal drip, worse open air. 3-4 pellets SL every 3-4 hours for a few days.
- Boiron's Cold Calm-a combination remedy...follow directions on package.
- Phytolacca 30C (Boiron brand)-marked pain, dark red discoloration and inflammation of tonsils, worse on R) side. Pain better with cold drinks, worse warm drinks. 3-4 pellets SL every 3-4 hours for a few days.
- Apis 30C (Boiron brand)-throat pain extending to ears, enlarged tonsils, better with cold drinks, ulcerations of throat. 3-4 pellets SL every 3-4 hours for a few days.
- Mercurius 30C (Boiron brand)-sore throat with salivation, sleeps and drools on pillow, stong emotions, flushed chest and throat, very irritable, worse from heat of bed. 3-4 pellets SL every 3-4 hours for a few days
- Slippery Elm Herbal Tincture-promotes a healthy throat. Shake vial and give 1 dropperful in 1 glass of water every 3-4 hours for a few days. Can also use an Herbal Throat Coat Tea from Herbal Medicinals.
- May also use Ferrum Phos tissue salts and Echinnacea/Goldenseal as well.
Stomach or Intestinal problems
- Stomach ache-Mag-Phos tissue salts (Hyland brand) great for pain. Shake vial, 4-6 pellets SL every hour as needed.
- Nausea/Vomiting-Ipecacuanah 30C-Shake vial well. 4-6 pellets SL every 2 hours as needed or until resolved.
- Pedialyte pops also recommended to replace vital fluids and electrolytes. Coke syrup, tea.
- Diarrhea:Podophyllum 30C (Boiron brand)-Shake vial and give 4-6 pellets every 2-3 hours or until resolved.
- Encourage Pedialyte pops, binding foods like rice, oatmeal, toast & jam, bananna.
Bumps, Bruises, Muscle Injuries
- Arnica 30C (Boiron brand)-Shake vial, 4-6 pellets SL every 3-4 hours as needed for 3-4 days or until resolved.
- Use ice if first injured...then warm moist heat after first 24 hours.
- Arnica cream, gel, Traumeel ointment-may be rubbed on injury locally, but not if the skin is broken.
- Ruta 30C (Boiron brand)-Shake vial, 4-6 pellets SL every 3-4 hours as needed for 3-4 days
- Apis 30C (Borion brand)-Shake vial, 4-6 pellets SL every 3-4 hours for a couple of days.
- Heat tweezer with flame...then try to remove stinger. Wash and cover with bandaide.
- Ledum 30C (Boiron brand)-Shake vial, 4-6 pellets SL every 3-4 hours for a couple of days.
- Take to ER if removal is needed. May need tetanus shot.
This is essentially the tool kit I use for my family when traveling, along with hydrogen peroxide, different size bandaides/bandages. I have always felt more in control when traveling with this kit...kind of like having insurance. You may not need it, but you are certainly glad to have it if needed! Having an understanding when traveling where the nearest hospital or ER is located is also a good idea, whether you are traveling at home or abroad!
**This is not in place of seeing a physician or heading to the nearest ER or hospital for care.
Hope you find this idea for a Family Travel Kit helpful! Wishing you a safe, fun-filled, blissfully peaceful summer with your family!
Let me know if you have any questions. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Like my VitalEssence FB page. Click on join and receive FREE monthly energy tips! www.VitalEssenceHealing.com